Hello everyone! How are you? And how are your reading going? I am, as per usual, tired! But that aside I can’t really complain, I am quite happy with my reading this week, and it seems like I may be back to normal, or almost there, so yay!
And today I am here to try and take stock on how I am doing with my reading goals… I let some time pass between this and the last check-in, so let’s hope I am on track!
All my reading goals and all the lists I wrote down (because I love to write lists!!) are intended to help me manage this fluffy black hole (a.k.a. TBR) and that’s great but… yeah, but I keep up with them for the first month or so and then… the void!
And that is not acceptable. I need to take control of this and so here we are. I have decided that trying to keep accountable for the goals during the year could be a good thing. So every month, given or taken, I would take a look and see how well I am managing with all my goals.
My goals were (to know more about them here is the original post):
- Finish (or read the last published volume) 10 series. So far I have finished 5 series, I have read the last published volume of 6 series, and there is a series that I don’t know if is finished or not, but so far there is no notice on another sequel, so I would count the finished series as 6. The total is 112 series, so I have reached this goal!!! That’s not to say that I won’t try and finish some more series before the ending of the year, but I am proud to have reached this one!
- Read all the books that I have from my brother or parent’s house. Strange but true, I am done with this one too!!!!
- Pick from my list an read them all! I have three lists, and I have checked out 6 titles from the first one, 1 from the second, and 16 from the third. Not bad but not so good either. I would have to work on this one once the Summer has ended because obviously, I haven’t a lot of titles from this list on my Summer TBR. This would have been a logical thing to do, so I didn’t do it. Obviously!
Doing a book buying ban.I am deleting this one because I was really good with my buying this year and so far it hadn’t been necessary.
- Read at least 25 ARCs. 31/25 Well, to be honest, I count as ARC every book I receive in exchange for an honest review, even when they are not really ARC. But I count them all together! And I am done with this one! Again, this does not mean that I would stop reading ARCs, but yay!
- Read at least 15 books from my GR wishlist! 17/15 And another one done!!!
- Read more non-fiction. At least one each month. 6/12 I was doing very good with this goal and then I lost my momentum. But I have some titles waiting for me, once I’ll finish my Summer TBR, and we have some more time before the ending of the year!
Wow! I have some work to do, but all things considered it was amazing discovering that I am doing so good! Maybe I would be even more good in the next months, and finish some more series while checking out some more titles from my lists! I would keep my finger crossed.
And I am not doing bad with my Summer TBR. It is true that I am not doing great with it, and that I let myself get distracted by some titles that weren’t in it, but all in all I have read 11 titles out of 29. And I am currently reading two more titles at the moment so… that’s not too bad, right?
And what about you? How are you doing with your goals? Let me know!!!