Hello world! How are you? I’m here with another post for the Reign of Mist blog tour! (If you missed the first one and want to read my review, you can click here) I enjoyed this book a lot and there were some interesting parts in this book that really got to me, so today I want to show you these things and recommend other books with the same theme in them. Some of these books are indie, some of them are from famous author but all of them have something in common with this beautiful read!
Title: Reign of Mist
Series: Oremere Chronicles #2
Author: Helen Scheuerer
Expected date publication: September 13th, 2018
The realm’s darkest secret is out.
The cruelty of the capital and the power-hungry King Arden have scattered Bleak and her companions across the continents.
On the run in a foreign land, Bleak finds herself tied to some unexpected strangers. When the answers she yearns for are finally within reach, she must face the hard truths of her past, and take her fate into her own hands before it’s too late.
Meanwhile, secrets and magic unravel as a dark power corrupts the realm. Bleak’s friends are forced to decide where their loyalties lie, and who, if anyone, they can trust.
But one thing is certain: war is coming, and they must all be ready when it does.
Intriguing and action-packed, Reign of Mist is the second instalment in Helen Scheuerer’s epic YA fantasy series, The Oremere Chronicles.
You can find the book here:
1) I liked the main character, Bleak, and she’s an interesting girl, with a lot of peculiarities, but one of the things that made her what she is, is that she’s a foundling. If you want to read another good book with a foundling as MC you’d like Blackwood Marauders by K.S. Villoso. I’ll write a review for this book soon, but I can say to you that Luc is worth your time!
2) One of the best things in this book is Rion, and yes, he’s a panther, not a person. And I loved him. Him and his relationship with Bleak. I have to confess that they made me happy happy happy. If you like to have animals characters in your books, you have to read The Great Hearts by David Oliver. You’re in for a threat!
3) The Mists are an intriguing part of this world. They are dangerous, they are mysterious and they’re usually not a good thing. And you simply cannot read about them and don’t think of Sanderson’s mists. So, obviously, if they intrigued you and you haven’t done it yet, I really hope you would read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson!
4) We have a lot of characters in this series, and all of them are well characterized and complex and among them, we have Henri and her twins. I haven’t read a lot of book with a couple of twins as characters, so I thought immediately to the last books I have read with twins. I’m talking about Seanan McGuire’s series Wayward Children. I have read and loved the first two books, so I have to recommend them to you!
5) Last but not least, if you enjoyed the first two books and now you are here, waiting for the third one to come out, you can read the Iron Butterfly series by Chanda Hahn. They are two different series, that’s true, but I loved it and I think it would be the perfect reading to keep us company while we’re waiting for the third book!
That’s all for today! Have you read some of these books? Or do you want to read some of them? Let me know!!!
About the author:
Helen Scheuerer is a YA fantasy author from Sydney, Australia. Reign of Mist is the second book in her high fantasy trilogy, The Oremere Chronicles. After writing literary fiction for a number of years, Helen was inspired to return to her childhood love of fantasy thanks to novels like Throne of Glass, The Queen’s Poisoner and The Queen of the Tearling.
Helen is also the Founding Editor of Writer’s Edit (www.writersedit.com), an online learning platform for emerging writers. In its first year, Writer’s Edit reached thousands of new authors, and soon became its own small press, with Helen overseeing the production and publication of three creative writing anthologies, Kindling Volume I, Volume II and Volume III. It’s now one of the largest writing websites in the world.
Helen’s love of writing and books led her to pursue a Bachelor of Creative Arts, majoring in Creative Writing at the University of Wollongong. While the Kindling books were being published, Helen also completed a Masters of Publishing at the University of Sydney.
Helen now lives by the beach and writes full time. She has many more books planned for the future.
Author website — https://www.helenscheuerer.com/
Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/helenscheuerer
Twitter — http://twitter.com/helenscheuerer
More about the Blog Tour:
Obviously, all of you are invited to the twitter chat and the giveaway! So sign up the date!!